Weekly Dev Update #99
This week we continued work on the deep refactor for Session, which mostly included reviewing and separating previously intermingled parts of the Signal protocol from the Session application. We also began the process of documenting and reviewing our implementation to ensure it matches what is described in the Session whitepaper. The Lokinet team focused on an overhaul of the Lokinet configuration files. For the Loki Core team, we identified a number of issues that were patched to increase Service Node stability, and finished an overhaul of the RPC protocol.
Move version into top-level CMakeLists.txt
Blink interquorum relay fixes
Fixes for Blink submission replies
If you’re on our Discord you can catch Jeff, the lead developer of LLARP, live streaming as he codes at https://www.twitch.tv/uguu25519. He typically streams on Tuesday mornings, 9am – 12pm Eastern (US) time.
What went on last week with Lokinet: More configuration overhaul and fixes. In the process, we’ve discovered some sloppy configuration settings which made it difficult to find certain options . We also had some unnecessary SNApp configuration overcomplications that we’re now removing to simplify the code. This means that one Lokinet instance will no longer support working as 2 or more SNApps; starting in 0.8 you’ll simply run multiple Lokinet instances at once (which also works currently) on different ports. Finally, our overhaul has uncovered bugs in both the configuration and in the code itself which we’re filing along the way. Aside from the pull requests listed below, we’ve also been exploring ways to improve Lokinet performance, started work on making voluntary exit nodes easier, and brainstormed how to approach Service Node performance testing.
Lokinet PR Activity:
Configuration system updates –
Update `dev` branch to use C++17, removing a few external dependencies that are eliminated with C++17 –
Last piece of config overhaul related to simplifying snapp configuration and eliminating secondary snapp support –
Fixes for C++17 change on Windows –
Multi device friend request bug fixes
Auto generated friend request bugfixes
Friend request bug fixes
Improve message fetching performance
Session protocol bugfixes
Untangle receipts, transcripts and typing indicators logic
Refactor friend requests
Session Push Notifications Server
More efficiently poll for new messages
Various new documents added to explain Session’s messaging process/types and design
Notification count positioning fixes
Better device unlinking
Various closed group fixes
Make messages to slave retry
Ignore multi-device logic when sending background messages
Ensure file server tokens are being removed
You've got mail!
Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with everything Oxen.